Spay & Neuter Information
As a rescue organization, we strongly promote the spaying and neutering of all pets.
It is true – pet alteration surgeries cost money. It is also true that altering your pet now will actually save you money in the long run because altered pets are less likely than unaltered pets to develop common diseases as they age. Spaying or neutering you pet also prevents unplanned pregnancies leading to unwanted litters.
All Jennifer's pets are spayed or neutered before they are promoted for adoption.
Because of the seriousness of the pet overpopulation problem, there are countless programs that provide low-cost spaying and neutering for pets. A downloadable PDF of local low-cost spay and neuter programs is available here. The programs listed are facilitated by humane groups in the hope of reducing the number of animals euthanized at shelters. Some are staffed completely by volunteers so please be patient waiting for a return call. Most programs are income based and some require proof of income before a price can be quoted.
Did you know...
- Some 70,000 puppies and kittens are born every day in the US.
- Between four million and six million pets are euthanized every year...JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE HOMELESS.
- That means between 11,000 and 16,000 pets are euthanized every day...JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE HOMELESS.
- An animal in a shelter is killed every 1.5 seconds.
- Only one animal in 10 born in the US gets a good home that lasts a lifetime.